19 Factors That Will Affect Your SEO Ranking in 2017
Albert Einstein said: “If I had an hour to solve a problem I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” In search engine optimization and the websites that compete for higher search results most SEO Experts start to optimize for keywords before they create relevance content & engaging marketing strategies. We at Target Points research & analyze SEO trends to enhance your strategy and explain key factors for ranking high in search engine result pages (SERPs).
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Page)
- AMP enables you to create content customized for mobile devices and post it instantly.
- This eliminates long load times, enhancing your SEO.
Micro-formats for your content
- Pre-designed formats to place your content.
- Contains common business information like address, phone number, and product info.
- Allows your general info to be optimized along with content to increase your SEO ranking.
Low Quality Links
- Links that connect to poor quality webpages can damage your SEO ranking.
- Prevent this by closely observing your link building strategy.
- Avoid purchasing links.
Speed Matters – Poor Hosting
- If your website takes a long time to load, try taking a closer look at your hosting provider.
- Find a hosting provider that can support your site’s data & content.
Speed Matters – Poor Coding
- Is your site running on a high-speed hosting service but still facing issues?
- Chances are that it may the way your website is coded that is causing things to lag.
- Conflicts within your HTML can cause your website to slow down drastically.
Domain & Page Authority
- Domain authority has to do with your website’s ranking on search engines.
- Page authority is the ranking of an individual webpage.
- Rankings are used to measure where you’ll fit on search engines.
- Changes in your SEO strategy can both help and hurt these numbers.
High Bounce Rates
- Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors that click on your website in a search engine and leave.
- High bounce rates tell search engines that your website contains poor-quality content.
- Low bounce = higher SEO. Remember that.
- Robot.txt is a text file included in your site that tells search engines to go through your content.
- This is how search engines find keywords, tags, and links.
- Failure to use the correct file can lead to search engines skipping over you content.
- Readability is the ease at which most readers can read your content.
- Writing shorter sentences and using similar vocabulary will grant you a higher readability score.
- The higher the score, the higher the SEO ranking.
- Try to make your content as concise as possible for an optimal readability score.
- Ensure that the content you’re writing has topical relevance to your website.
- This includes content you link out to as well.
- Writing or linking unrelated content can cause search engines to decrease your ranking.
- Keywords are what search engines use to determine where to place your website in the search engines.
- Use strong keywords that emphasis your business, location, services, or anything specific to you.
- When someone types that word into a search engine, your website will pop up.
Low Text to HTML Ratio
- A low text to HTML ratio can harm your chances of achieving a positive SEO ranking.
- Broken links are links that connect to webpages with a 404 error.
- Be sure to always double check your links, as broken ones can severely hurt your SEO.
- Along with everything that makes your website run comes HTTP requests and files that can slow it down.
- It is important that you combine files to reduce your number page request and lower load times.
- Browser caching allows a user’s web browser to save a version of your webpage, making it faster to load upon a second visit.
- Activating this feature will increase your website’s load time, in turn enhancing your overall SEO ranking.
- HTML compression involves making your website’s file sizes smaller to help with quicker load times.
- When creating your website you may find that certain scripts within your code cause it to take longer to load.
- Prevent render-blocking by removing any scripts that cause your site to lag.
The Rise of Competition
- Analyze your competitors’ SEO strengths and weaknesses against your own.
- This is a great way of discovering how to beat them out of a higher search result ranking.
The Google Dance
- As search engines continue to make changes in their analytics, expect your search ranking to change from time to time.
- That may mean being number one on Monday, only to be number seven on Tuesday.
- You’ll never know exactly what factor a search engine is making their priority.