Want to Be a Blog to Watch in 2022?
Blogging will still be effective in 2022 and will likely continue to be effective for the indefinite future. In fact, if you want to be a blog to watch in 2022, websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages, according to OptinMonster. The more relevant and original content on your website, the more Google will promote you.
Becoming a blog to watch can position you as an expert in your field to whom potential clients will flock. Here’s how to do it.
Will blogging still be effective in 2022?
Blogging refers to writing, photography, and other media that’s self-published online. Blogging started as an opportunity for individuals to write diary-style entries, but it has since been incorporated into websites for many businesses.
Blogging adds a sense of real life experience to topics that may be too abstract or intricate to understand on their own.
The main features of blogging include:
- frequent updates
- informal language
- opportunities for readers to engage and start a conversation
How to become a blog to watch
SEO keywords are definitely important when it comes to blogging. However, people can tell if you’re just trying to stuff keywords instead of actually trying to help them. Web crawlers will also penalize your website if they notice too many “keywords” piled within your postings, resulting in your blog being further down the search list and less likely to be of any benefit to your audience and in turn yourself. Finding a balance between these two things is very important. Be genuine, and focus on relationship-building over everything else.
As long as you have a passion and experience within a particular topic, getting your own blog started is quite simple. If you have a calling to help others while sharing these experiences, the rest will come naturally.
Here’s what you need to do to start a blog:
- Set up the blog: there are free websites such as WordPress and Blogger, but you can also start from the ground up with your own domain and web hosting service.
- Add content: once you’ve decided what you want your blog to be about, you need to remain active with new content to build your business. You should create a content calendar for upcoming blog posts to develop a set schedule for writing and posting.
- Market: it is best to utilize social media to cross post and preview upcoming blog posts to keep your audience engaged and on the look out for what is to come. Other ways to reach your target market would be email lists, search engine marketing, reaching out to other bloggers, podcasters and media outlets for publicity.
- Add income streams: it would be a great idea to think about relevant merchandise to supplement the content you are covering, from fashion to candles and anywhere in between. Another way to add income streams would be promoting other businesses through affiliate marketing, whether it be a service or product.
Once you have established the above it is time to get to work! Like many things in life, practice makes perfect. Consistent, relevant posts combined with a user friendly website will lead you to success on your blogging journey.
What about formatting?
Today, most people skim the things they read. Google bots also skim your content to see where they should place it.
Clear headings and easy-to-process paragraphs tend to work very well. For best results, stay on topic.
If you’re using keywords, be sure to check out the top 10 SERP results and try to format your blog similarly to those.
Remember: the purpose of your blog is to engage your target audience with things they’re already thinking about. Your blog posts are about and for them, not you.
Here are some of the most common reasons blogs fail:
- Giving up too fast: It can take years or even months to even gain traction when it comes to blogs. This is why lots of companies quit long before they’re able to reap the benefits. Just keep writing quality content and you’ll see results.
- Irregular blogging: If you want to keep your followers (and Google’s algorithm) happy, you’ll need to blog regularly.
- Annoying ads: Don’t overdo the ads. Excessive ads detract from your credibility.
Don’t like writing? You can always hire a professional to do it for you, especially since it likely takes a lot of time. Because agencies spend all day blogging and doing other social media tasks, they can write a lot of blog posts efficiently. Some things are simply better outsourced.
Target Points, Inc is currently a top Long Island social media manager and blogger. Our results-driven, innovation, intuition, and commitment to developing (and maintaining) long-term relationships got us there.
Our media manager/blogger can integrate your presence across social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. We’ll manage your entire campaign – and keep your audience busy with the information they’re already looking for from a brand like yours.
Ready to get started on the blog of your dreams? We have all of the tools you need to start. Click here if you’re ready for Target Points to help.